With quarantine in full effect it seems everyone is making banana bread. With all the extra time there has been a lot of baking happening, but being celiac I wanted to participate in this trend but needed to make gluten free banana bread of course! So I took to Pinterest to find a good but easy recipe that I actually had all ingredients in house for.
Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour has been a savior and works wonders! Anything I bake you would NEVER even know it is gluten free. With other flours you have to add Xanthan Gum, but with Bob’s 1 to 1 you just use as regular flour! Luckily, I had some leftover in my pantry and 3 ripe bananas ready to use. So here you have it, my easy to make gluten free banana bread.
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter- melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter but cool before adding. I stuck in the fridge for a few minutes while completing the next steps.
3. Mash rip bananas in a bowl with a fork.
4. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
5. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl, including the mashed bananas and cooled melted butter.
6. Make a small indent in the middle of the dry ingredients and carefully add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
7. Pour mix into loaf pan and garnish with extra chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Poke with a toothpick to be sure it is baked completely. Cool before slicing.
And there you have it, gluten free banana bread! You can top with butter or peanut butter or just eat plain. Either way this is a delicious treat for quarantine!
What will you be baking during quarantine? Comment below, I’d love some new ideas.